Thursday, February 18, 2010

Watch a Great Movie for Free!

Movies are great fun to watch for relaxing entertainment.  It's even better when they are free! 

Here's one you won't want to miss.  Emma, originally written by Jane Austen, has now been released by PBS Masterpiece Theatre.  You can watch it free online until March 9, 2010.  Click HERE for the link.




Here's my daughter, Julia's review of the movie:  "I watched it and I must say, I was more impressed than I expected I'd be. I love the Gwyneth Paltrow version of Emma, but there are many things about this new version that captivated me. :) I was pleasantly surprised by how many of the lines from the movie are actually taken straight from the book, and how little the screenwriters changed the plot, characters, and situations. The timing of everything is extremely close to how everything happens in the book. All this I love! :D I like the newer Harriet much better. At first I wasn't sure about Mr. Knightley, but I absolutely loved him by the time the movie was done.




Frank Churchill is much more like I would have imagined him to be... the ages of the actors seem to be closer to the actual book... Unfortunately, I didn't think Romola Garai acted quite well-bred and elegant enough for the part of Miss Woodhouse, and does a few things that I don't think Emma would have done... (i.e, bursting into Mr. Knightley's library, making a short electrifying statement, and immediately running back out) And Miss Bates was not quite as 'bates-y' as I would have liked. Overall though, this is a very well-done, satisfying Jane Austen Movie. "


So grab a bowl of popcorn or maybe some hot chocolate, get comfy, and enjoy a great MOVIE.

Have fun!

0 Practical Remarks:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP